Wednesday, October 01, 2014

5th Edition Monster Manual





Last year I was fortunate enough to work on three illustrations for the new Monster Manual. I was originally working with Jon Schindehette and then transitioned to Daniel Gelon as art director. I very much enjoyed working with both men, and I thank them immensely for allowing me to be a part of this new addition to the D&D franchise!

The three creatures I worked on were the Blue Dragon, the Behir, and the Storm Giant. I just received my copy of the book in the mail. There is a ton of cool stuff in there, so if you like monsters (and their attacks, history, etc) this is a great resource. If  you play D&D, you probably already have it ;)

4 comments:

Ted Pendergraft said...

great work as usual!

Hoot said...

Way to go JP! My various editions of Monster Manuals have been the most thumbed through of all my RPG books. Consider yourself the source on what Blue Dragons looks like until 6th edition.

Jason J. Romein said...

That behir is outstanding. It's easily one of my favorite pieces in the Monster Manual. The other two rank among the best works in there too. Well done!

Anonymous said...

Coolest looking Behir I've ever seen!