Monday, March 11, 2013

Clone Wars, Adieu



There was this announcement from Lucasfilm today. That means the end of the regular seasons of Clone Wars, but they mentioned that they have plans to release more material. There was a video they featured that contained two characters I worked on, a yellow and red Jedi pair with otherworldly hair. They were really fun to work on, and I'm glad they will be seen, somehow, somewhere. The yellow Jedi was directly taken from one of Iain McCaig's drawings for Episode II (as seen in the art-of book I pored over when I was in college!) It was really fun to play with the design and make it "Clone Wars."

I post this stuff up periodically to show what I had a hand in, but honestly, as I've said before, I am just a small part of the larger clockwork that is Clone Wars. The Clone Wars team, all the people I worked with and learned from over the last couple years, you are all amazing. I am lucky and humbled to have been a part of it.

I don't know exactly what the future has in store for me, but I will count my time with the Lucasfilm Animation people as one of the high-points.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey John, just curious what the feeling is at Lucasfilm Animation? I love the show and hate to see all of you guys get cancelled like this.

JP said...

I don't think I can comment regarding all of Lucasfilm Animation, mostly because I can only speak for myself. I know that everyone who worked on the show regards it as a special time working with a great group. Honestly, I understand the reasoning behind the whole thing, as posted on Star Wars.com, but yeah, it's sad to see it come to an end.

Phattro said...

3 x The Jeahs to CW Design Team! ;)

jehan said...

man good stuff JP.. will we ever get to see the concept art u did?

JP said...

That would be really great if all the work people did came out. That is entirely up to Lucasfilm/Disney though.

There are some bits and pieces in the "explore" section of the clone wars area on starwars.com. You have to look for it, but there are concept art slideshows where people's work shows up in little doses.