Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Rocket Summer: Exploratory Sketches





Here are a few quick initial drawings I did for the short story Rocket Summer. I'm still trying to decide what I really want the look of the rockets to be. These are completely out of my head (my preferred method in the very initial stages, bad drawing/limited ideas and all). Once I get a few ideas I'm interested in, I will begin to look for supporting reference images. The composition sketch is basically the composition I'm going to do. Now that I know there will be some characters in there, I can start designing them and finding appropriate reference. It still seems a bit static...I think that rocket HAS to blast off more!

Next up is more designing and some color studies. I think I'm going to do all the paintings in acrylic.

1 comment:

Dela Longfish said...

Fantastic rockets, dig the shapes especially! Hope to see more as this progresses :)