Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Try Try Again







These are quick painting studies I did recently. They come after one of the worst art moments I have had since I failed my first charcoal rendering exercise waaaaay back in school. With this, I was red with anger, ready to throw my sketchbook down, kick my paints and snap my brush. Luckily, I simply tore out the page, and started again. Those moments are actually very great for me. They come when I am tackling something I don't understand. In the end, painting is always fun, and I love it!

3 comments:

Jesse Lee said...

I really like these..especially the top....that bounce light adds a lot.

Aletta said...

Speaking of painting, I would love to go out with you, Jehan, and Chrystal again sometimes!

JP said...

Hah! That would be awesome. It's pretty hard to synch up this time of year, but I think after the holidays I should be much more free. Oh, and Aletta, congrats on the permanent position!